Inspector Marketing: Planning Ahead Can Accelerate Your Mortgage Approval
When you’re ready to put in an offer on your dream home, there are several things you can do to speed up the process of getting approved for a mortgage. One of the top tips for getting a mortgage involves preparing your paperwork ahead of time.
Essential Mortgage Documents
Before speaking with a loan officer, get together the financial documents you’ll likely need for the application process:
- Credit score and history
- Complete list of debts and financial assets
- W2 and/or 1099 forms from employers
- Tax returns for the past two years
- Bank statements
- Reference letter from a landlord (if applicable)
- Proof of paychecks
- Proof of any additional income (if applicable)
- Investment information, such as profits and losses
Having these documents ready to go can make the mortgage process less stressful. This can give you the best chance of finalizing the purchase quickly.